Peace and Nonviolence
- It’s not just the freedom of one man at stake, but our very freedom of speech.From the stage Stella Morris, Julian Assange's wife, and the investigative journalist Stefania Maurizi will urge the journalists present to defend the founder of Wikileaks. While outside the hall, a group of FREE ASSANGE Italia activists will tell journalists that their freedom is also at stake.9 April 2022 - Patrick Boylan
- Don’t shoot the messengerThe founder of Wikileaks informed us long ago, with documentary proof, that US/NATO troops in Afghanistan were not winning the hearts and minds of the people; instead, they were making themselves hated. But the message went unheard and now the messenger is in prison awaiting judgment.22 August 2021 - Patrick Boylan
- Press release from the NoWar Network - Rome3 August 2017 - Patrick Boylan
- #UnitedWeStand against the Donald Trump agendaProtesters against Donald Trump's policies -- from immigration bans to reckless war escalation -- will meet on May 23rd at 7:30pm (19:30) in Piazza Bologna, Rome, during Trump's visit to the Capital. Organized by American expats in Rome, the event -- strictly demonstrative and non violent -- welcomes Italian like-minded participants as well.18 May 2017 - Patrick Boylan
- Macché autunno caldo! Arriva una primavera caliente di lotte per la pace.
Decolla la proposta di una giornata di mini-manifestazioni in tanti comuni d'Italia – iniziative spontanee e fai-da-te – per sensibilizzare la popolazione ai pericoli di un nuovo intervento militare italiano in Libia. Si vuole così preparare il terreno per la riuscita del grande incontro nazionale contro la guerra che Alex Zanotelli convocherà, non appena otterrà le adesioni delle varie associazioni pacifiste italiane.24 February 2016 - Patrick Boylan
- The Ukrainian government, like Israel in Gaza, relentlessly goes on bombing residential areas in the eastern regions “to kill the terrorists hiding out there” (but also the civilians living there). The separatists, called “terrorists”, are in a siege; to break it, they have launched a bloody counteroffensive to the South, with civilian casualties there, too. Tension has spiked with rumors (later debunked) of a full-scale Russian invasion underway. And yet, in spite of it all, a glimmer of hope for peace has finally appeared. Or is it just an illusion?4 September 2014 - Patrick Boylan