14 Articles - page 1 2
- Ten million tons of CO2 each year, Ilva is the number one producer of CO2 in ItalyThe Ilva steelworks (ArcelorMittal), located in Taranto, is the primary source, in Italy, of CO2 pollution of the atmosphere, with the two thermoelectric power plans (CET2 and CET3).25 April 2021 - PeaceLink
- On ‘Wind-days’ the local population is advised to minimise exposure to pollutionThe residents of Taranto have been struggling with air pollution long before the Covid-19 pandemic. They are now caught in the crossfire of two public health emergencies that require local authorities to take action and demand the shutting down of the polluting premises.8 October 2020 - Taranto’s City Committee for Health and the Environment
- Letter to the Prime Minister, Prof. Giuseppe ConteIf we calculate the atmospheric pollution caused not just by the steelworks alone, but also by the thermoelectric plants that were built to provide it with its power needs and burn its waste gas we arrive at the conclusion that Ilva (ArcelorMittal) is the number one producer of CO2 in Italy4 October 2019 - Associazione PeaceLink
- Emma Wallis speaks to Antonia Battaglia from the NGO Peacelink.14 April 2015 - Antonia Battaglia
- The seventh Decree "custom packaged" for ILVA steel factoryI believe that even in China the government doesn't come to guarantee this. A new law is written to give immunity to those who will manage ILVA. The only hope is that the European Commission will refer this Government to the Court of Justice of the European Union.15 January 2015 - Alessandro Marescotti
- This is the title by which the "Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno6 January 2015 - Redazione Peacelink
- The emission of harmful substances on the population has to be immediately suspended!
Paediatricians from Taranto and its province say: it is necessary to intervene in order "to avoid the dangerous exposure of children to environmental pollutants" and to “guarantee a safe environment to pregnant women”On 12th July 2014, paediatricians from Taranto and its province made a statement on the data of the S.E.N.T.I.E.R.I. 2014 report (made by the National Health Institute), agreed and signed by the Presidency and the Commission for the Environment and Health of the Order of Doctors and Dentists of Taranto too28 August 2014 - Paediatricians of Taranto and province
- Peacelink, Ilva plant emits 99.4% of P.A.H. in Taranto Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons emissions reach 3469 Kg / year
In 2014, Ilva has still produced 99.4% of all P.A.H. (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, powerful air pollutants) emitted in Taranto23 August 2014 - Marco Schnabl
- For many years citizens haven’t been told they were living in an environment contaminated by dioxin, a highly carcinogenic pollutant which can modify and damage the DNATaranto is a heavily polluted city in which the most important information have not been shared and discussed with the public. The dioxin was found in human blood and maternal milk5 August 2014 - Marco Schnabl
- Taranto, Italy, Ilva steel factory: the plants remain under requisitionA year ago the guarantor of the A.I.A. (Integrated Environmental Authorization) was fired. Today the new sub commissary Mr Edo Ronchi resigned. The A.I.A. has failed. The Italian plant production continues in violation of European law and the opinion of the Constitutional Court according to which the production should be compliant to the authorization.
July 11, 2014 - PeaceLink12 July 2014 - Antonia Battaglia
page 1 of 2 | previous - next